Hi my name is Mitzey Yearwood at Sir McChesney George Secondary School in Barbuda participating in the GPS+Camera Project.  I am just here to tell you a little about the project and how it was to me.  The first time I did the GPS+Camera Project my focus was on the mangroves.  Let me tell it as a lot of work because it was my first time but it was so fun.  We had it easy with the information because we had already know the information on different types of mangroves.  I found it hard because I had to walk a lot and I had to stand up in front of a camera and say what I know about the mangorves.  I am terrified of the camera.

This time around I feel much better everyone is so nice, sharefull and happy.  I got to say I love these college students and especially Kate.  We start off by getting to know each other and then we had to work together in groups with each other as both stutdents it was so fun.  This time the topic was based on how has Codrington Well’s change over time.  So we had to go out into fields and take water samples, take location, their uses and how they were built.  We did this for 2 weeks and we got some amazing results and before I foret we did some soil testing.  However, I am now sorry to say that the college students have to  leave and I am going to miss them so so much.  Sarah, Saleema, Dene, Dexter, Sant Mukh, Dan, Sofie, Rebbeca, Kate, Mr. Mussington, Reaksha, Katja, Amy, Derya, and Erica I want to thank you guys for the wonderful, awesome, amazing summer.  Luv you guys so much.

Mitsey

About The Author

dmcgovern

Dan McGovern is a graduate student at Teachers College, Columbia University. His research interests include the role of education in community-based climate change adaptation, Education for Sustainability, Place-Based Education, Traditional Ecological Knowledge, Education in Emergencies, connections between Sustainability and Conflict, and community-based monitoring and research.